Saturday, November 3, 2012

Max Factor Pan Stik Foundation in 14 Cool Copper

Last Wednesday, I went shopping with my bestfriend at Centro. I came across Max Factor counter, and I couldn't resist to try out Max Factor Pan Stik Foundation since this foundation had been on my mind for quite a while. Lol It's sad that they only have 3 out of 8 available shades, which are 13 Noveau Beige, 12 True Beige, and 14 Cool Copper. Of course, I bought the darkest shade available in the store.
Read more to find out the performance of this pan stik and be surprised!



To be honest, you're not gonna love the packaging. It's cheap looking and quite boring. There's nothing special about it. Oh well, maybe because the actual price is rather cheap. I bought it for only IDR 70k at Centro.

It is written on the packaging that this foundation suits normal or dry skin. This is because it is an oil based foundation. Oily skin will turn into a grease ball with this foundation, unless they use a very great oil controlling setting powder and setting spray, but still it will fade off rather quickly.

On the back of the packaging, you can see the manufacturing date and the expiry date clearly. When you peel off the sticker, there is a list of the ingredients of this foundation which are:
"mineral oil, copernicia cerifera wax, paraffin, cera alba, ozokerite, propylparaben, methylparaben, sorbic acid, kaolin, fragrance, ci 77891, ci 77492, ci 77491, ci 77499"

I know that mineral oil, parabens, and fragrance are not friendly to sensitive and acne prone skin. So, ladies, you have gotta watch out for that!




When I opened the cap, I smelled an old lady perfume from this stick foundation. Not a nice smell, but I noticed the smell went away when I applied the foundation on my face.
The consistency of this foundation is surprisingly creamy and buttery textured. It blends easily like a dream!

Here are the list of available shades:
25 Fair (pale shade, slight pink undertone) 
13 Noveau Beige (light shade, pink undertones)
12 True Beige (light/medium shade, pink undertones)
56 Medium (medium shade, bronze undertones)
14 Cool Copper (medium shade, pink undertones)
96 Bisque Ivory (medium/dark shade, yellow undertones)
30 Olive (medium/dark shade, pink undertones)
60 Deep Olive (medium/dark shade, pink undertones)
Source: Makeupalley

The shade 14 cool copper is a cool toned shade. I am cool toned, but even I think this foundation is overly pink. So, warm toned ladies, stay away from this shade!
Look at the swatch on the back of my hand! It blends so well.

The foundation swatch
After being blended
I apply this foundation using my fingers because I don't think brushes will work well for this type of super creamy foundation. If I had a beauty blender sponge, it could be awesome, but I don't have it.

The most important things that I like about this foundation is that:
- It doesn't feel heavy although it is a medium to full coverage foundation.
- The coverage is buildable.
- It covers blemishes really well.
- It covers my dark circles so well.
- It covers my large pores without clogging them.
- It doesn't contain spf or titanium dioxide, so it photographs nicely.
- The shade doesn't oxidize.

What I don't like about this foundation:
- The oil control is rather poor, i need to blot every 2 hours (I'm oily, for dry skin ladies, this will be an advantage).
- The staying power of this foundation on my oily skin is only 6-8 hours before it starts fading (Dry skin ladies will find this foundation stays longer).
- It sets into fine lines.



The shade cool copper is slightly darker for my skin, but since it blends so well and matches my neck, I can get away with it :) I just dust a light setting powder to set the foundation. It has a satiny finish with a silky feeling. Believe it or not, this foundation blends nicely onto my skin although I don't use any primer or moisturizer.

Some tips to achieve the best result:
- Pair up this oil based foundation with oil based moisturizers and or primers. This will prevent the foundation to slide off of your face and prolong the staying power. Gossmakeupartist talks about this little trick in his channel. Go check it out!
- Use a good setting spray. I have yet to try my Skindinavia with this foundation. I will keep you updated tho.
- Don't apply too much, or else it will get cakey.

Here are some photos I took outdoor while wearing Pan Stick! Camwhoring mode on!



Final Verdict:
This would be a great foundation for those with normal or dry skin. You can skip your concealer when wearing this foundation since it has a great coverage without a heavy feeling. I guess this could be an alternative for Kryolan Supracolor or TV Paint Stick if you don't like their being heavy. This is like a sheer version of those stage make up foundations. If my skin were not that oily, I would seriously repurchase this because I love the coverage and the way it looks on my skin.

I know this is such a long review, but when it comes to foundations, I just can't skip out any details. I'm very selective and rather OCD when choosing a foundation. Haha Alright then ladies, stay pretty :*

25 comments:

  1. it seriously looks good on u !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta check this stuff soon. Thanks heaps :))


    With love,
    Medina
    nothingbutlovehandles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lasting performance i reviewed days ago is also slightly darker on my face :p but it's okay laaaa~
    thankyou for the review! XD
    maybe I'll give this foundation a try when I need a full coverage foundie. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you like max factor foundations then you should try this one too, full coverage but not heavy :D

      Delete
  4. Sempet mau beli foundie ini tp takut cakey, soalnya stick padet gt bentuknya. ternyata bagus ya nampaknya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kalo makenya ga ketebelan sih ga cakey, mbak..tp ini oil controlnya payah buat kulit yg sgt berminyak T.T walau bgs bgt coveragenya.

      Delete
  5. Pretty<3 Too bad I have combination skin T.T

    By the way, loving your blog~ Following~

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw yeah too bad, hehe
      thanks so much, darl :*

      Delete
  6. it look great on you!! I love how natural it sets on your skin! I havent tried this but I have once tried their liquid foundation and it smells like an old lady perfume too~ I just wonder if all their foundation does have this *type* of smell T___T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Janet :)
      i guess that's the issue that max factor has to resolve, or maybe that's just their trademark! hahah

      Delete
  7. your hair reminds me a lot of mine, it's just that yours are the shorter version. i always thought it would turn out to be cakey, too this kind of foundation, but it doesn't seems to, ya?

    nice review, and keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw really? :)
      just don't apply too much, so it won't get cakey.
      thank you, beatrix..

      Delete
  8. great review!! i haven't tried that type of foundation before, i tried it on my hand but it doesn't feel right for me, hehe. it looks great on you though, you look amazing :)

    thanks so much for visiting and following my blog,it means alot to me. :)
    i'm now following you too <3
    i'll be waiting for your new posts! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you so much, chriissy :*
      it means a lot to me too, dear!

      Delete
  9. U mentioned not heavy on face? Ill probably try max factor then

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks good on you~ tapi memang keliatan agak lebih gelap ya dari warna kulitmu..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey would you mind letting me know which web host you're using? I've loaded your blog in 3
    completely different browsers and I must say this blog loads a
    lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good hosting provider at a
    reasonable price? Thank you, I appreciate it!

    my homepage NFL Jerseys Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's truly a nice and helpful piece of information. I'm happy that you simply shared this useful info with us.
    Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.


    Here is my web site Nike Blazers Blue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great article, just what I wanted to find.

    Also visit my blog post ... Michael Kors Canada

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's an awesome article designed for all the web visitors; they will obtain advantage from it I am sure.

    Feel free to visit my site ... Michael Kors Outlet

    ReplyDelete