Read more to find out the performance of this pan stik and be surprised!
To be honest, you're not gonna love the packaging. It's cheap looking and quite boring. There's nothing special about it. Oh well, maybe because the actual price is rather cheap. I bought it for only IDR 70k at Centro.
It is written on the packaging that this foundation suits normal or dry skin. This is because it is an oil based foundation. Oily skin will turn into a grease ball with this foundation, unless they use a very great oil controlling setting powder and setting spray, but still it will fade off rather quickly.
On the back of the packaging, you can see the manufacturing date and the expiry date clearly. When you peel off the sticker, there is a list of the ingredients of this foundation which are:
"mineral oil, copernicia cerifera wax, paraffin, cera alba, ozokerite, propylparaben, methylparaben, sorbic acid, kaolin, fragrance, ci 77891, ci 77492, ci 77491, ci 77499"
I know that mineral oil, parabens, and fragrance are not friendly to sensitive and acne prone skin. So, ladies, you have gotta watch out for that!
When I opened the cap, I smelled an old lady perfume from this stick foundation. Not a nice smell, but I noticed the smell went away when I applied the foundation on my face.
The consistency of this foundation is surprisingly creamy and buttery textured. It blends easily like a dream!
Here are the list of available shades:
25 Fair (pale shade, slight pink undertone)
13 Noveau Beige (light shade, pink undertones)
12 True Beige (light/medium shade, pink undertones)
56 Medium (medium shade, bronze undertones)
14 Cool Copper (medium shade, pink undertones)
96 Bisque Ivory (medium/dark shade, yellow undertones)
30 Olive (medium/dark shade, pink undertones)
60 Deep Olive (medium/dark shade, pink undertones)
The shade 14 cool copper is a cool toned shade. I am cool toned, but even I think this foundation is overly pink. So, warm toned ladies, stay away from this shade!
Look at the swatch on the back of my hand! It blends so well.
|The foundation swatch|
|After being blended|
I apply this foundation using my fingers because I don't think brushes will work well for this type of super creamy foundation. If I had a beauty blender sponge, it could be awesome, but I don't have it.
The most important things that I like about this foundation is that:
- It doesn't feel heavy although it is a medium to full coverage foundation.
- The coverage is buildable.
- It covers blemishes really well.
- It covers my dark circles so well.
- It covers my large pores without clogging them.
- It doesn't contain spf or titanium dioxide, so it photographs nicely.
- The shade doesn't oxidize.
What I don't like about this foundation:
- The oil control is rather poor, i need to blot every 2 hours (I'm oily, for dry skin ladies, this will be an advantage).
- The staying power of this foundation on my oily skin is only 6-8 hours before it starts fading (Dry skin ladies will find this foundation stays longer).
- It sets into fine lines.
The shade cool copper is slightly darker for my skin, but since it blends so well and matches my neck, I can get away with it :) I just dust a light setting powder to set the foundation. It has a satiny finish with a silky feeling. Believe it or not, this foundation blends nicely onto my skin although I don't use any primer or moisturizer.
Some tips to achieve the best result:
- Pair up this oil based foundation with oil based moisturizers and or primers. This will prevent the foundation to slide off of your face and prolong the staying power. Gossmakeupartist talks about this little trick in his channel. Go check it out!
- Use a good setting spray. I have yet to try my Skindinavia with this foundation. I will keep you updated tho.
- Don't apply too much, or else it will get cakey.
Here are some photos I took outdoor while wearing Pan Stick! Camwhoring mode on!
This would be a great foundation for those with normal or dry skin. You can skip your concealer when wearing this foundation since it has a great coverage without a heavy feeling. I guess this could be an alternative for Kryolan Supracolor or TV Paint Stick if you don't like their being heavy. This is like a sheer version of those stage make up foundations. If my skin were not that oily, I would seriously repurchase this because I love the coverage and the way it looks on my skin.
I know this is such a long review, but when it comes to foundations, I just can't skip out any details. I'm very selective and rather OCD when choosing a foundation. Haha Alright then ladies, stay pretty :*